Tuesday, May 08, 2007

5 and 10

FIVE years ago today I returned home from my mission to the New York City South Mission. I learned to speak spanish there and met some amazing people! I can't believe it's been 5 years!!! I wanted to pause for a moment from my photography posts and add this little landmark of life history. It's strange to think back to all the great times and moments that have passed in my own life that have helped me get to where I am today.
When I think back to how it felt returning from the mission, the best way I can describe it is with the scripture 2 Timothy 4:7, afterall it played over and over again in my head. I knew that I'd fought a good fight, I had finished my course (atleast up to that point in my life), I had kept my faith. What a great feeling that was...

On April 11, 2003 my dear friends and "other" family were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City temple. me.miriam.rafael.johnny.billie jo petty

I met them with Hermana Petty in a laundry mat when we had 15 minutes left to get back to our pad. They had just returned from a trip to Hawaii where they'd visited the Laie Temple. Miriam said under voice, hiding behind the paper, to Rafael, "Uh, oh they found us." They were later baptised on September 30, 2001.

...of course I had to go back and visit the big city!!!
brooklyn bridge.may 2004

THEN, in 2005 I was hired by CES youth and family programs as an efy couselor!!! Don't worry, it only took me applying 4 times in a 7 year period of time before I finally got the job. Persistance definitely paid off. Life is definitely about timing.

San Diego State University 2nd year as a counselor with my D.P.O.D. girls.

I graduated in May of 2006 with a Bachelor of Science Degree from Utah State University in Physical Education
It was at USU where I got back into my passion of photography and was encouraged by a photo friend, (Russ Dixon) to buy my own digital camera. I didn't think I could let go of my 35mm Canon AE-1, but I bought my Nikon D70 and started taking photography a little more seriously. With 10 weddings under my belt and big ideas of better equipment and lighting classes I'm excited to see what it will all become.

AND Now...I am faced with the decision to attend or not to attend my 10 year high school reunion. Go Miners!!!

So these are the life events I've been thinking about in great detail at the current moment. Are n't you glad you read about them!!! :0)

1 comment:

threewinks said...

What a wonderful day for you to celebrate! To think of the memories of days past, but to look to the future with a brightness of hope. Yay Michelle! You are amazing.

love
stace